Dental Implants Near You
Patients who have lost teeth can feel self-consciousness regarding the gaps in their smile. They can opt for dental implants in Spruce Grove. Your appearance is not the only thing that can be impacted by missing teeth. Your jaw’s alignment may be impacted by other teeth drifting out of place due to spaces left by missing teeth. This may alter the way you talk, eat, and interact with people. Additionally, losing teeth can change the structure of your face, making it sag and, in extreme situations, totally altering its shape. Thus, it is important to reach out to a dentist.
Key Components of Dental Implants
- Implant Fixture: Here, a screw is surgically embedded into the jawbone. It is typically made of titanium, which is biocompatible and fuses with the jawbone over time through a process called osseointegration.
- Abutment:The abutment is a connector that is placed on top of the dental implant fixture. It connects the implant to the replacement tooth or crown.
- Crown or Prosthesis: This is the visible part of the dental implant. It’s an artificial tooth that is custom-made to match your natural teeth in shape and colour.
With Spruce Grove dental implants near you, our entire team is committed to providing you with comprehensive dental care. Our personalized treatment plan addresses all your oral needs.
Advantages of Dental Implants
- Natural Appearance: Dental implants look and feel like natural teeth.
- Durability: With proper care, dental implants can last a lifetime.
- Improved Speech and Comfort: Unlike removable dentures, implants eliminate the discomfort and inconvenience of removable appliances.
- Preservation of Jawbone: Implants stimulate the jawbone, preventing bone loss that can occur when teeth are missing.
Dental Implant Procedure
- Consultation: A comprehensive examination is conducted, and a treatment plan is developed by our dentist near you.
- Surgical Placement: The implant fixture is surgically placed into the jawbone.
- Healing Period: Osseointegration occurs during the healing period, usually a few months.
- Abutment Placement: Once the implant has fused with the jawbone, an abutment is attached.
- Crown Placement: The final step involves attaching the custom-made crown or prosthesis to the abutment.
Not everyone is suitable to get dental implants. Factors such as overall health, jawbone density, and oral hygiene play a role. A thorough evaluation is done by our qualified dentist.
Consult our dentist in Spruce Grove for personalized advice and information tailored to your specific needs and circumstances. If you have any specific questions or concerns, feel free to ask!